General Merchandising Manager, Ace Hardware, 2010-2013
- Managed full P&L for $3.2B+ in global purchasing and $600M in active inventory covering 78,000 SKUs as head of department driving 80% of corporate strategy. Achieved 400 basis point gross margin improvement by 2012.
- Executed game-changing Craftsman program, growing the hand tool category from $9M to $180M in sales. Developed and negotiated “store within a store” concept for Craftsman brand. Executed roll-out to 2300+ stores.
- Overhauled planning and strategy due to down economy. Created 4.5% annual growth in top-line sales, creating $35M to $50M annual growth in wholesale sales.
Increased annual new store openings by 300%, representing $150M in new revenue.
- Introduced New Store Allowance Program, providing funding to new and existing stores for remodeling, modernizing and meeting diverse needs of local stores. Presented high-margin, niche products (Pool, Bird, Welding, Pet, Marine, Live Goods, Housewares, Drip Irrigation) based on unique, local demographics, creating powerful and competitive retail success.
- Coordinated and managed creative direction for complete packaging refresh and modernization of private label branding for first time in 25 years, resulting in 14% increase from previous year in private label sales and launched most robust customer loyalty and rewards program in hardware industry.
- Created world-class merchandising test facility with 2 complete in-house stores, layout facility, formal line review areas, vendor support areas, testing stations and “buyer playground” for retail innovation.